Cattleya warscewizii sanderiana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote from the OL website.
These are have incredible vigor and so far the flowers on those that have bloomed have the marmoration in the petals and sepals.
I’ve not seen any on mine yet.
The flowers have a slight scent but it’s nothing like as strong as the two gaskellianas.

Quote from the OL website.
These are have incredible vigor and so far the flowers on those that have bloomed have the marmoration in the petals and sepals.
I’ve not seen any on mine yet.
The flowers have a slight scent but it’s nothing like as strong as the two gaskellianas.
So I was curious as to this description and never saw this petal description in my previous research on warscewiczii for my lecture on this species, I decided to ask Colombian experts on warscewicziis on this. It turns out this veining is a common trait in dark sanderaes and not given a color form name. So this ‘marmoration’ descriptor is a horticultural term used by OL, not in Colombia.

However, as mentioned in my previous post, marmorata is a dotted appearance that occurs in warscewiczii lip. It does sometimes happen on petals of one specific cultivar of warscewiczii called ‘Nutibara’, where dots appear along petal margins. I will get a picture courtesy of Orquideas Katia (Gustavo from Medellin, Colombia) later.

Last edited:
Beautiful, the flower looks like it's glowing, and the plant looks rather compact too!

Latest posts

Back