Cattleya walkeriana v. coerulea 'Chouju' JC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
I really love this plant. This clone grows vigorously and it blooms easily and often. It's very compact with large flowers. The colour is great and the fragrance is wonderful. It's a real favourite of mine. :drool:

Attachments

• DSC03999-2 Cattleya walkeriana v. coerulea Chouju JC AOS-b.JPG
    DSC03999-2 Cattleya walkeriana v. coerulea Chouju JC AOS-b.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC04003-2 Cattleya walkeriana v. coerulea Chouju JC AOS-b.JPG
    DSC04003-2 Cattleya walkeriana v. coerulea Chouju JC AOS-b.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC04010-2 Cattleya walkeriana v. coerulea Chouju JC AOS-b.JPG
    DSC04010-2 Cattleya walkeriana v. coerulea Chouju JC AOS-b.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 27
Thanks everyone!

I should point out that I only take photos with natural light; no flash. I did not adjust the colour. The photos are a fair representation of the real flower colour. However, natural light does change as the day goes on. Morning sun is much more red. Evening light is much more blue. Sunlight at high-noon on the summer solstice is the purest, whitest light possible and technically, everything is it's truest colour for just a few mid-day hours, once a year, on that day. I did take these photos late in the day; around 6 p.m. If I'd taken the photos at 8 a.m., the colour would've been more pink and not quite as blue. That stunning blue colour was what I got to enjoy while looking at the flowers in person as I took the photos. When I go to the greenhouse in the morning, the blue is not as strong; there is more red and that makes the flowers appear more pink-ish.

Those flowers are the closest to a true blue in a Catt. Alliance plant I've ever seen. Most of the "blues" are
a horticultural blue meaning more purple. This one is
perfect John!

Latest posts

Back