Cattleya walkeriana 'Kenny' FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice plant.

Love the purple blush along with the lime green and powder white.

I also like the more natural, rambling form...it is very complimentary, as are your pics!

Thanks for sharing.

I think pendentive has been selfed a few times before. As far as I know the seedlings all look rather similar. I don't know if ''dorothy'' is one of its seedlings but it looks almost exactly the same as pendentive. I have both and I need to look at the lable to tell them apart.

That's interesting. So it indicates that the Orchidglade was a late generation natural hybrid (i.e., not the recent cross of two parental species), or it is actually a mutant of C. walkeriana. It is interesting that the offsprings inherit the top flowering character (even after backcrossing to C. walkeriana).

John that is a nice one! So many flower! Too bad there are speculation about the origin of this plant. I think we all like vigorous free flowering walkeriana!

It is interesting that the offsprings inherit the top flowering character (even after backcrossing to C. walkeriana).

This plant blooms both from leafless and leafed growths. My walkerianas do the same. It all depends on how much water they get. During times of drought, as in nature, no leaf is on the flowering growth. When water is more frequent, the flowering growth produces a leaf as well.

Back