Cattleya walkeriana coerulea ‘Reese’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it! What do you think makes it not quite up to the look you expected? I also
want to know where you buy your walkers.
Hey abax
I buy walkers wherever I can find them. I look for named clones... awarded or not and buy divisions. I’ve gotten plants from Waldors, Fred Clark, Orchid Eros and sometimes from Brazilian growers when they’re shipping to the USA. I’ve gotten a few from MainStreet Orchids in PA and one or two from several others as I find them. Sometimes you can find a good one on eBay.

Krull smith has walkeriana "tokyo #1" which has good form, comparable to the latest brazilian cultivars.

I'll just have to take a little virtual trip to Krull Smith. Thank you Katahdin. BTW, have to
climbed Mt. Katahdin? I've heard from friends doing the AP that that's one climb
they never want to try again.

I'll just have to take a little virtual trip to Krull Smith. Thank you Katahdin. BTW, have to
climbed Mt. Katahdin? I've heard from friends doing the AP that that's one climb
they never want to try again.

Yeah I have. The knife edge is pretty sketchy if they took that route, and Katahdin is the hardest climb on the AT. That being said, Katahdin, like pretty much every hike in the northeast, is doable for most people in decent shape, provided they go during good weather, start early, bring food and water, and take their time.

Back