Cattleya trianae semialba flamea ‘Kathleen’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wuh oh, repot time. It appears the dorsal is standing
tall and that seems unusual for most Catts. I've seen
in the last few years. Is it fragrant?
Yes repot after blooming, maybe lol.
Some catts do have naturally straight dorsal sepals lke my labiata 'The Three Amigos'
This one was helped a bit with grooming for better presentation. It normally curls back.
Yes like other trianaes, it is quite fragrant.

Looks like you have been growing this a while, where did you pick this one up?

Does it usually bloom on multiple leads in the spring?.. I see a few other sheaths..
semi hydro? - is this the method you were talking about.
haha. yes. I am mentally repotting and dividing this for you!.. I see a new growth on the other side and a clean line in there where you can give it a little 'snip', Dr.

Looks like you have been growing this a while, where did you pick this one up?

Does it usually bloom on multiple leads in the spring?.. I see a few other sheaths..
semi hydro? - is this the method you were talking about.
haha. yes. I am mentally repotting and dividing this for you!.. I see a new growth on the other side and a clean line in there where you can give it a little 'snip', Dr.
I wish I had help in repotting my cattleyas. They are in serious need. I see three areas to divide as well.

I got this one from EBay from Steven in California about 4/5 years ago. I have divided it twice, one division with a friend (fellow judge) and another I donated to the Montreal Botanical Garden.

This plant is not in swc yet. It is in bark mix that happens to sit in a vase for now. Well, for a year lol.

Oh my gosh DrLeslieEe, this is gorgeous!! Any chance I could get a division? Very rich color!!
Thanks for loving it lol.

I am in Canada and can’t ship/transport plants to US (I assume you’re there?).

I might consider selling or trading a piece at the 9:30 pm position (in pot) with 3 bulbs plus new lead.

Thanks for loving it lol.

I am in Canada and can’t ship/transport plants to US (I assume you’re there?).

I might consider selling or trading a piece at the 9:30 pm position (in pot) with 3 bulbs plus new lead.
I am in the U.S., in Virginia. Not sure I understand, if trading, it would still have to be shipped/transported right?

Unfortunately I cannot ship plants to US as numerous permits are needed which I don’t have or can get. There are divisions of this plant available from some US vendors (such as Chadwick and Orchids Limited). Try there?

Unfortunately I cannot ship plants to US as numerous permits are needed which I don’t have or can get. There are divisions of this plant available from some US vendors (such as Chadwick and Orchids Limited). Try there?
Orchids Ltd has it for $600 and pic isnt as nice as yours. I did t see it on Chadwick’s list. I’ll look around, thanks.

Latest posts

Back