cattleya schroederae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last winter was a tragedy for me- for my catts- here, there was no light just fog, we could not see the sun for 3 months. I tried to give them arteficial light but this is not enough for catts during such weather. Many of my plant weakened, this one, too, produced 4 flowers but flower quality is far from its genetical possibilities. Last year its flowers were much better, flower were just if someone had painted them with a drawing compass.

Attachments

• IMG_20230416_152907.jpg
    IMG_20230416_152907.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Despite your weather conditions, which I didn't really expect for eastern part of Hungary, these flowers are quite nice but the colouration differs this time from what you would expect for C. schroederae.

Last edited:
Yes, David. If i remember well- excuse me if I don t- you live in German.Your catts look very good. What do you do with them in winter????

Last winter was a tragedy.... there was no light just fog, we could not see the sun for 3 months.
Might it have been the smog from the Russian bombardements in Ukraine, that hid the Hungarian sun (like the effects seen on European airtraffic under and after the eruption of a vulcano in Iceland)?
If so, I would tend to find the "tragedy" somewhat overseeable at least in comparison to the Ukrainians, who might have lost their lives, a loved one, or maybe a limb or their mobility as such, as well as having seen their homes rendered into rubbles!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back