Cattleya rex 2022

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just amazed at the result of the auction. The price more than doubled in the last ten seconds.

Thankfully the winning bidder was a long time follower of my YouTube channel, who has seen my culture and conditions for years.

To pack it, I cleaned up the roots and leaves, peeled off the dead leaf sheaths, removed most of the rocks from the pot, gave the whole thing a good rinse, then let it dry out thoroughly. Packed it in shredded paper and wrapped in newspaper. Weather is warm from here to its new home but nothing extreme in the forecast in either locale.

The next rex, 'Inti', is popping open today, so fingers crossed the petals will be open enough for judging on Saturday. It is my favorite of the 2014 batch, and I have high hopes for it.

'Inti' was the largest plant out of the flask and has continued to be a strong grower ever since. Its flowers measure the largest of all the siblings, and have a pleasing form. The AOS judges agreed, and awarded it a 79-point HCC yesterday.

The four-judge team submitted individual scores of 81, 80, 78, and 76, so on another day this plant may well have received the 80-point AM. Regardless, I'm excited to finally see 'Inti' officially recognized.

20220515_103732.jpg

20220515_103743.jpg

20220515_103757.jpg

20220515_103810.jpg

20220515_103831.jpg

20220514_232456.jpg

Dorsal leaning back, open space between segments, some crowding...that was all I could gather. Quite a range of scores...
Congrats on the award.

The lowest score is rather low on this unless that judge has seen many rex’s to compare. I would scored 80 points!

Indeed, mine is competing with Christoffersen's. His description says he imported a few plants to sell and this is one of them. But he's been listing rexes regularly for the past couple of years. It'll be interesting to see what each plant ends up selling for.

Latest posts

Back