Cattleya rex 2021

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you say clone 'Urqu', do you mean that they are of a certain ecotype (from a certain area) or a forma (of a certain color form)?

Or do you mean one of the parents is "Urqu'?

Or you are naming the last one 'Urqu'?

I said 'this clone has been dubbed' which was a facetious way to say I named this clone. Since I have over 20 of these plants, I am giving each one a Quechua name as they bloom.

When you say clone 'Urqu', do you mean that they are of a certain ecotype (from a certain area) or a forma (of a certain color form)?

Or do you mean one of the parents is "Urqu'?

Or you are naming the last one 'Urqu'?

Great job William. Glad to see after moving from the greenhouse to your grow tent they have not skipped a beat. Hope this continues to do well moving forward. Very happy I invested in the spider farmer led too, hoping to bloom a few Cattleyas that have eluded me. Good luck with the flask. I’ll be watching your channel.

Two more have bloomed and one got an HCC last night at AOS judging. What a feeling to grow these for seven years from flask and finally get that award. And...at least two more clones are in bud!

2.jpg
C. maxima cærulea, C. rex 'Mayu', C. rex 'Unu' (12-inch / 30-cm ruler in photo for scale)

1.jpg
C. rex 'Unu'

3.jpg
C. rex 'Mayu' HCC/AOS (78 pts) with Bulb. echinolabium photobomb

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back