Cattleya percivalliana 'Summit' FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This mouse thing sound serious, the locals here do normally just take the flowers...... However sometimes we have hoards of them. This fall i took an estimated 300 (yes, three hundred) in traps and they destroyed the main part of our berry and winegrape crop. Just for household use but nevertheless.....
Arrghh! Death to all rodents!!:viking::fight::arrr:

Absolutely stunning plants! The freeze and the mice sound like a nightmare. Good that you didn't give up and managed to save your plants so spectacularly. Very inspiring thread!

300 mice! Oh, that's really creepy. I figure it's a bad year if I catch a couple dozen. Heck, just that many mice do enough damage! I wouldn't want to be dealing with hundreds of them. Wow! I guess the healthy Hawk, Owl, Fox and Coyote population around here are working hard....and being fed well.

I managed to keep the mice out of the orchid house, but our three cats had a great time. Predators of all kinds as well. Never seen so many buzzards as last season. Owls had a gret time also. Unfortunately, we manged to kill a least weasel (musela nivalis) in traps in our attic the other day. Big surprise, we never knew we had those indoors! Must be food for them there:crazy: its difficult to avoid rodents in our home as its an almost 300years old wooden structure:eek:

I managed to keep the mice out of the orchid house, but our three cats had a great time. Predators of all kinds as well. Never seen so many buzzards as last season. Owls had a gret time also. Unfortunately, we manged to kill a least weasel (musela nivalis) in traps in our attic the other day. Big surprise, we never knew we had those indoors! Must be food for them there:crazy: its difficult to avoid rodents in our home as its an almost 300years old wooden structure:eek:
Sounds like you need more cats... And maybe a dansk-svensk gårdshund (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) or two, apparently they were used as rat-catchers among other things.

I'm so glad I live in an apartment sometimes.

300 hundred years? That older than any building here in Singapore! No rodent problems unless I count those plantain squirrels that love chewing the new Dendrobium shoots!

Back