Cattleya percivaliana peloric in Bud!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite a sight! Iā€™d be tempted to self it if itā€™s a strong plant.
Plenty of people would want seedlings!
I didnā€™t think about selfing it. Something to consider as I have two flowers.

I had another important plan. I actually received pollen of the rare percivaliana marmorata coerulea from OrquidƔrio Americana to breed with!

Imagine the possibilities! Perhaps a blue peloric percivaliana??

Picture below courtesy of Heloisa and Luiz the owners.

3C7B68DC-8DBB-4224-9F74-B8AB9F63CB2E.jpeg

outstanding form, indeed!!!As i know, pelorism is dominant genetic form, so if it is heterozigous plant, not selfing nor outcrossing will give 100 percent peloric individuals, only at 50 percent of plants will be peloric.

Last edited:
coerulea form caused by partial deficincy of anthocyan production, so a i think the better idea is cross it with marmorada.
Coerulea is recessive so this first generation F1 will likely be all heterozygous carrying coerulea genes. The second generation of sibbing them will produce 50% coerulea marmorata peloric.

Breeding to a marmorata with exceptional form is a future plan when I get one like this (reserved at present in Japan).

Last edited:
Leslie, describe what makes it peloric, please. The sepals sort of look like color break to me.
About colour break: there are few cattleya clones , proved beeing virus free, what are seem to be virused.Cattleya trianaei Jungle Feather, percivaliana marmorata, rex splash and so on.I think Leslie's plant is not virused, and I think he is careful collector and tests all of his plants.

Last edited:
About colour break: there are few cattleya clones , proved beeing virus free, what are seem to be virused.Cattleya trianaei Jungle Feather, percivaliana marmorata, rex splash and so on.I think Leslie's plant is not virused, and I think he is careful collector and tests all of his plants.
Indeed yes Iā€™m careful with my collection. And itā€™s true that the ones you named have color breaks as part of their non-virus patterns.

Latest posts

Back