Cattleya percivaliana fm. semi-concolor ‘Corona’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have around six different percivalianas with sheaths. Hopefully they bud so I can show them off. Some of them have never been shown anywhere!
Any news on the remaining six?

And a question from the Catt-newbie: i have two percies - both with a flower sheat. One where I can see that the flower sheat has markedly grown during my covid absence. With the other, I haven't noticed any visual change, since I acquired the plant August-September-ish, already with the sheat. Any chance to decide, whether 'we' are on the verge of flowering or not? Except for the obvious answer: patience - wait and see?
(With the latter remark, I'm just trying to prevent any payback from the P. druryi- thread! 😁 )

Jens, the other 6 were repotted late summer so may not bloom. They do have new growths but I don’t see sheaths unfortunately. Next year then.

As for your two, one looks in bud formation and the other will be a waiting game indeed. As long as the sheath stays green there is hope!

Ah, then there is hope, so far!

This thing about the sheat staying green - is that a general Catt-thing? He said fearing the answer, that might mean, he had lost a couple hoped for flowerings?!
Green sheaths protect buds, generate energy through chlorophyll in sun, and stay viable until ready to bloom (up to 6 months sometimes!).

So as long as it’s green, there is always hope!

Latest posts

Back