Quantcast

Cattleya percivaliana fm. semi-concolor ‘Corona’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

monocotman

Reaction score
looking forward to it!
For those cattleya nerds with an interest in the species dowiana, here is an interesting paper with some lovely photos to lust after.

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I have around six different percivalianas with sheaths. Hopefully they bud so I can show them off. Some of them have never been shown anywhere!
I can only eccho David - can't wait to see the gorgeous display they will make!

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I have around six different percivalianas with sheaths. Hopefully they bud so I can show them off. Some of them have never been shown anywhere!
Any news on the remaining six?

And a question from the Catt-newbie: i have two percies - both with a flower sheat. One where I can see that the flower sheat has markedly grown during my covid absence. With the other, I haven't noticed any visual change, since I acquired the plant August-September-ish, already with the sheat. Any chance to decide, whether 'we' are on the verge of flowering or not? Except for the obvious answer: patience - wait and see?
(With the latter remark, I'm just trying to prevent any payback from the P. druryi- thread! 😁 )

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Jens, the other 6 were repotted late summer so may not bloom. They do have new growths but I don’t see sheaths unfortunately. Next year then.

As for your two, one looks in bud formation and the other will be a waiting game indeed. As long as the sheath stays green there is hope!

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
As long as the sheath stays green there is hope!
Ah, then there is hope, so far!

This thing about the sheat staying green - is that a general Catt-thing? He said fearing the answer, that might mean, he had lost a couple hoped for flowerings?!

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, then there is hope, so far!

This thing about the sheat staying green - is that a general Catt-thing? He said fearing the answer, that might mean, he had lost a couple hoped for flowerings?!
Green sheaths protect buds, generate energy through chlorophyll in sun, and stay viable until ready to bloom (up to 6 months sometimes!).

So as long as it’s green, there is always hope!

Latest posts