Cattleya percivaliana fm. coerulea ‘SRV’ AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, May of this year and all those flowers even after changing growing conditions. Well done, it didn’t miss a beat, just in time for the Holidays.

This species still eludes me, just can’t seem to get ‘Summit’ to bloom. Repotted this year into a different media and moved the location to a bit more light. Grows like a weed, just won’t throw sheaths. 🤞

I have noticed that many percivalianas don’t always sheaths on new growths. The single most important culture advice I can give is to give it slightly more light. Moving it one inch to the left lol.

This plant I gave it the highest light, 2 inches from my double T5s ends, and all 3 new growths from June startups got sheaths.

I have noticed that many percivalianas don’t always sheaths on new growths. The single most important culture advice I can give is to give it slightly more light. Moving it one inch to the left lol.

This plant I gave it the highest light, 2 inches from my double T5s ends, and all 3 new growths from June startups got sheaths.
Thanks for the insight! I’ll give it a nudge right now with a game I like to call musical pots.

Latest posts

Back