Cattleya nobilior

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brabantia

Reaction score
Cattleya_nobilior_net_resiz.jpg

A first flowering with three flowers. I bought this plant three years ago from Floralia. It was specified that is the amaliae form but I am not sure.

Super beautiful! Not sure what is "amaliae"; but, the colour of that one is spectacular. So, I'd be pleased with it. I have none. 'Must try and get one. The lip of this species is very eye catching!

Lovely flower and well grown!

I find these a bit tricky to grow. I've killed a couple eveb though I have no problem growing walkeriana. Any tips on growing these?

Definitely not amaliae and probably walkeriana I'd guess. Amaliae has brownish veins in the lip and different flower form. Side lobes are more developed and usually touch each other over the column. The more I look the more I see walkeriana. Nice flower though..

Lovely flower and well grown!

I find these a bit tricky to grow. I've killed a couple eveb though I have no problem growing walkeriana. Any tips on growing these?
Fertilysed when it is growing. I stoped fertilizer and watering when the flower spike emerged during a few weeks in order to be sure it is a spike because this one growth at the bottom of the last pseudo-bulb and is rotting easily. I will give it a resting period when the flowering will be finished.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back