Cattleya Marjorie Hauserman ‘York’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only join the chorus: very harmonious flowers! 🥰

Judging from the pictures, one almost senses, a flower with tepals of a nice, somewhat thick (in the positive meaning) structure/materiality....I wonder, whether that's the feel in reality, too?

impressive count. How big is the plant, and are all those blooms from the same lead? I would be very interested to see a full picture of the plant if convenient. I do love the white cattleyas. Fantastic blooming.

I was reading through your C.Charles Macaulay post and noticed you have placed the clay pot inside a larger plastic lined clay pot with charcoal and perlite? How’s that working?

I can only join the chorus: very harmonious flowers! 🥰

Judging from the pictures, one almost senses, a flower with tepals of a nice, somewhat thick (in the positive meaning) structure/materiality....I wonder, whether that's the feel in reality, too?
Yes very heavy/firm substance. Texture almost crystalline. Very reliable bloomer. I love this plant!

impressive count. How big is the plant, and are all those blooms from the same lead? I would be very interested to see a full picture of the plant if convenient. I do love the white cattleyas. Fantastic blooming.

I was reading through your C.Charles Macaulay post and noticed you have placed the clay pot inside a larger plastic lined clay pot with charcoal and perlite? How’s that working?
Pete,
Marjorie has 7 flowers on 2 inflorescence. Plant is big but not huge. I’ll try post whole plant photo on Monday.

Re Charles Macaulay, I sometimes do a pot in pot technique if I have missed an opportunity to repot or want to grow on to specimen. In this case I just put a larger plastic pan to capture the wandering roots. Kinda kicked the can down the road.

Beautiful balance and substance, it looks like it's molded out of clay!

Latest posts

Back