• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cattleya Mareeba Tiger

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings. I have a nice, established division on my Catteleya Mareeba Tiger. Up for sale ($35 + shipping) or trade. I am focused on Paphs, Phrags, Lycastes at the moment but my collection is pretty mixed. I have/want very few Cattleyas or Dendrobiums.

Here is a picture of the division:
20200916_141748.jpg

There is a bit of leaf damage on the newest growth
20200916_141715.jpg

And a prior blooming of the plant:
20190509_125120.jpg20190509_125059.jpg

35 dollars? !!!!! Unbelievable. I can't believe you would charge 35 dollars for that DJ. For that sort of plant, I would pay 350 bucks. 35 dollars is ultra generous. That's a nice one. The word Mareeba also catches my attention, as I only know that word as a town in North Queensland, Australia.

Last edited:
35 dollars? !!!!! Unbelievable. I can't believe you would charge 35 dollars for that DJ. For that sort of plant, I would pay 350 bucks. 35 dollars is ultra generous. That's a nice one. The word Mareeba also catches my attention, as I only know that word as a town in North Queensland, Australia.
Sometimes you need a bit of bench space....It is a great hybrid if you ever see one.

Oh thats nice!! I think I see an SVO (Sunset Valley Orchids) tag or from SVO breeding. Mine is from SVO.

True! I just took a look at the tag you mentioned, and can see that 'SVO' on there! Amazing! A search for C. Mareeba Tiger comes up with nothing linked to Australia so far (as in traces of hints of it being grown here). So sneaky! Under the radar! And Ozpaph mentioned he bought it from ebay! That's australian ebay. This really highlights many very nice under-the-radar orchids existing somewhere ------ somewhere out there in Australia and other parts of the world - hidden! Occasionally surfacing and surprising us.

Back