Cattleya mantiqueirae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favourite minicatt species that I had (and killed) a very long time ago in the beginning of my orchid growing career. I actually made my one and only botanical painting of this miniature, life size, from my own plant. Not sure where the painting is anymore since I have moved twice since then.

Very nicely grown and wonderful cute flower of deep orange red flower DJ!

I have a new one in my cool winerium tank. I'm hoping that it may bloom this coming season. It has four or five 1 cm bulbs and 1.5 cm leaves. So adorable. Perhaps you can save your pollen and maybe breed onto mine when it decides to bloom?

Also Jens is right, the name is based on locality. There are various color forms, ranging from deep scarlet orange red (common) to yellows (rare), some with contrasting solid yellow lips (rarer).

Thank Jens and Leslie!

I am happy to save it for you. Let me know the best way to store it, and it is yours.
That would be awesome re pollen. Thanks!!

Best way to store is onto wax paper or capsule, folded into a plastic baggy (or ziplock), tuck in a bottle, refrigerated in the butter or crisper veggie section (not the freezer!). Then can be shipped in ziplock to me when mine blooms (or earlier).

Latest posts

Back