cattleya luteola ‘South River’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this Cattleya species too, very nice and reliable bloomer in the spring (only blooms in the spring for me). It also has a lemony like smell.

Pete, did you get pics of the Little GH nursery? I was there over 15 years ago and wondered if they still have that Phalaenopsis wall of large blooming novelties.

Pete, did you get pics of the Little GH nursery? I was there over 15 years ago and wondered if they still have that Phalaenopsis wall of large blooming novelties.
Gary and Tom are not the biggest fans of pictures in the little greenhouse. They have signs up to prevent ‘tourists’, lots of amateur photographers come thought and try to setup tri pods.. they still have a large stock of breeding phals high up on the top shelves, tucked away from foot traffic. It’s difficult to see and not as grand as what you describe, they are also not as active in their breeding program or chasing awards as they once were. But next time I spy something I’ll ask to take a picture.

Back