Cattleya lueddemanniana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
A pretty uncommon species here. There is one shop nearby which happens to have lueddes in flower when I pop by, but usually one-offs. So far, I have gotten a darker pink typical form, another which I suspect to be a semi-alba, but with black rot (taking a long time to recover :sob:) and this is the third one.. Actual colour is pale pink.

DSC_0032-Copy_zps0ad4b616.jpg

DSC_0035-Copy_zps8b0dffe5.jpg

Lovely blooms! I never have success with cats, I'm guessing you grow them in charcoal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lovely species! It must love your tropical conditions.. You must also try eldorado and violacea!

Thanks. I find them easy to grow. Have a seedling lueddemanniana forma coerulea which I put in a net pot, hang high in bright light and it just grows without problems. Eldorado does not appeal to me and is expensive.. I have pieces of maxima semi-alba and alba as well as dowiana var. aurea.

Catts roots seem to grow forever in the tropics or any humid environment. It rarely ever stops unless the tip gets damaged but even then. It will branch into a new one. In a drier climate, it stop after reaching a certain length. Perhaps because its not getting wet or can't detect any or very little moisture at all.

Latest posts

Back