Cattleya lueddemanniana alba ‘mirjam’ SM/DOG

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second year and blooming on a stronger plant. Two leads as well, both with blooms.
The plant is going in the right direction!
...and the flowers look extremly pretty and seem to be very big. 👌 Do you have any measurements, please ? It seems to be a cross made by Hilmar, at least the name gives a hint.

David, I am a little late to building up a good alba of many of the species. I haven’t seen enough of them bloom to have any favorites. Have you developed any favorites from your collection?

Terry,
Off the top of my head, the first that comes to mind is gaskelliana. It has some amazing albas. Think about those first species parents of the hybrid Bow Bells.
Mossiae also has some nice ones, although this species has some incredible semi albas. For me, there are nice albas in pretty much all the other lavender species.

Beautiful! I cannot get this species to bloom for the life of me. Multiple leads, fat bulbs and even some scorched leaves, but not a bud in sight!

Latest posts

Back