Cattleya lueddemanniana ‘sarita’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is about my favourite clone of this lovely species. It’s large and dark coloured and as one of the best clones found in the wild, has been used in further breeding.
ED4EF4C5-02E5-4EFE-ABD4-C34A2D77B865.jpegF35D3BEF-4E01-4DE6-979F-8EA01058541A.jpeg
Checkout these blog posts for more information on breeding this species:

https://orquiverde.com/blog
Stephen van kampen has a nice ‘show and tell’ video on his YouTube channel of three different clones:

regards

David

Beautiful! Looks huge, and seems to be a reliable bloomer. A winner on all accounts!

Ozpaph, The flower is has only you just opened, it’s on day three so may open a bit more but this morning it was 16cm across with 6.5cm wide petals. The plant was repotted last summer so only one bloom this spring. The other lead has produced roots rather than a shoot. Maybe due to the repotting. I’ve had this happen in other clones.

Ozpaph, The flower is has only you just opened, it’s on day three so may open a bit more but this morning it was 16cm across with 6.5cm wide petals. The plant was repotted last summer so only one bloom this spring. The other lead has produced roots rather than a shoot. Maybe due to the repotting. I’ve had this happen in other clones.
Well done.

I think the flower has the potential to be rounder and overlapping. Wait till next blooming on a stronger root system.

Oh Leslie! and there I was thinking that this was perfect as it is!
Actually I prefer a more open bloom, overlapping petals in species are not my thing. The stunning scent has kicked in today. The only other one I like as much is the lemon scent of George King,
David

Oh Leslie! and there I was thinking that this was perfect as it is!
Actually I prefer a more open bloom, overlapping petals in species are not my thing. The stunning scent has kicked in today. The only other one I like as much is the lemon scent of George King,
David
Hehe, it is the nature of good luddies for round flowers. Don’t judge it 😅.

Latest posts

Back