Cattleya lueddemaniana pentaflamea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Leslie.It is a very nice lueddemanniana, but I think it is out of flamea type. ( as i can see on my phone display).If i have wrong, can you explain me what flamea is ...I think, pigments usually can be found on petals more intensively at the end and on the axis. Where is the border between normal with a little bit more pigment at the endings and on the axial part and flameas, flares or pinceladas?

Dear Leslie.It is a very nice lueddemanniana, but I think it is out of flamea type. ( as i can see on my phone display).If i have wrong, can you explain me what flamea is ...I think, pigments usually can be found on petals more intensively at the end and on the axis. Where is the border between normal with a little bit more pigment at the endings and on the axial part and flameas, flares or pinceladas?
Flamea is defined as a darker pigmentation of anthocyanins on the distal portion of the sepals or petals, where lines and shading of darker red/magenta is noticeable. This is occurring in these flowers as seen in second picture.

Latest posts

Back