Cattleya lueddemaniana flamea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the divisions from Orquidário Americana (Brazil) is starting to open its flower. A type form with flamea on petals and sometimes sepals (present here in lateral sepals), with a very dark atropurpurea lip. NS 15 cm at present.

2A32B258-9C4C-4929-9D04-E72B2CF78D71.jpeg946C81FD-687F-4162-870E-0641518DF9D9.jpeg

More photos to follow as it unfolds further.

Orquidário Americana is a nursery in Brazil who I got the pleasure to meet the family who owns, operates and breed these fantastic cattleya species. They specialize in superb lueddemanianas and violaceas (with teardrop patterning above column from the overlapping petals). The father and daughter team (Luis and Heloisa) are well known and highly respected in the orchid circles of Brazil. I’m truly blessed to know them!

Heloisa sent me many exceptional plants and hopefully they bloom within the next year to show here. I’m ever grateful for their generosity and help.

Last edited:
Where are your blooms these last few months Jens?
What blooms?! 😭

As I mentioned in another thread my collection has suffered a terrible set back, as it had had a horrible onslaught of mealy bugs and rot, due to from no to low maintenance as a result of my cov-infection and the sequalae following in its wake. I've lost quite a few plants on that account - and have only partly succeeded in getting rid of the darn blighters. Flower count way lower than normally...and I have only had the energy to post a few select flowers.

However, if it doesn't blast, I might have one coming up, where I hopefully have a chance to give it a go in trying to challenge Dodi in his little guessing game (but, if so, more to follow...!)

‘And that, dear teacher, is why I don’t have my homework assignment today!’

Joke aside, I’m so happy you recovering and the bugs (literally both types) are behind you.

I’m so happy ... the bugs (literally both types) are behind you.
In parts of my collection, unfortunately, the mealy bugs are only behind me, if I turn my back to them... and I prefer not to do exactly that, as they then seem to pop up somewhere else... But I'm soldiering on trying to completely exterminate those darn, little blighters! :mad:

In parts of my collection, unfortunately, the mealy bugs are only behind me, if I turn my back to them... and I prefer not to do exactly that, as they then seem to pop up somewhere else... But I'm soldiering on trying to completely exterminate those darn, little blighters! :mad:
Fight fight fight!!

Back