Cattleya lueddemaniana coerulea flamea ‘Wildlings’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leslie, I have a lueddemanniana coerulea 'Michael' selfing that was colchicine treated and the two buds should open in about a week. I was thinking this was early for lueddemanniana but the Florida AQ group and your plant certainly say that lueddemanniana can be winter just like trianae?

Leslie, I have a lueddemanniana coerulea 'Michael' selfing that was colchicine treated and the two buds should open in about a week. I was thinking this was early for lueddemanniana but the Florida AQ group and your plant certainly say that lueddemanniana can be winter just like trianae?
Luddies usually bloom in March at its peak but can range from Jan-April. A second blooming in July-Sept sometimes too.

Your lueddie sounds promising! Polyploids can surprise us.

'Arthur Chadwick' AM/AOS always blooms the first week of February for me.
-Patrick

OK ,So well done, this is what I have been waiting for and did not think I may ever see it. I had kept my opinion to myself, but for me the lip of lueddemanniana has always been inferior to labiata and trianae and jenmanii for that matter, but with this richer, deeper more saturated color suffusion across the lueddemanniana lip, it will be able to compete at shows for the best species cattleya in show award.Lip trianae.JPGlip jenmanii.jpg

OK ,So well done, this is what I have been waiting for and did not think I may ever see it. I had kept my opinion to myself, but for me the lip of lueddemanniana has always been inferior to labiata and trianae and jenmanii for that matter, but with this richer, deeper more saturated color suffusion across the lueddemanniana lip, it will be able to compete at shows for the best species cattleya in show award.View attachment 37932View attachment 37934
I don't like solid lips and I think lueddemanniana is ok but the water fall pattern of mossiae almost like someone dotted a paint brush is the bestIMG_20220410_112223.jpg In my opinion.
-Patrick

I don't like solid lips and I think lueddemanniana is ok but the water fall pattern of mossiae almost like someone dotted a paint brush is the bestView attachment 37950 In my opinion.
-Patrick
So for Patrick, and all you other mossiae lovers here is a little New Year eye candy. This is Dr.Leslie's Cattleya mossiae (almost concolor) agreed the lip is quite nice. Just like the song "killing it softly"! mossiae concolor.jpgmossiae conco3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back