Cattleya leopoldii var. albina ???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a beautiful flower. How long have you grown this?
Thanks Pete, I had received the plant at least 20 years ago, my friend had gotten It in Brazil at least 15 years before. 'She' Is 35/40 years old

Thanks Pete, I had received the plant at least 20 years ago, my friend had gotten It in Brazil at least 15 years before. 'She' Is 35/40 years old

Amazing. Bravo/ Brava! Thanks for sharing. I'm on the hunt for a larger plant to invest in. I do currently have a seedling that is just puttering along. After all these years, do you have any culture advice you can share on how you maintain the health of this plant in your collection? Thanks!

Amazing. Bravo/ Brava! Thanks for sharing. I'm on the hunt for a larger plant to invest in. I do currently have a seedling that is just puttering along. After all these years, do you have any culture advice you can share on how you maintain the health of this plant in your collection? Thanks!
Grazie! I'm a man.

The best advise I can give you Is to respect the dormant period, that Is quite long at least in my conditions, it' s very simple just stop watering/ fertilizing during winter months. I keep mine bone dry till new vegetation begins to grow up again.
Intermediate temp. Good light level and fresh air whenever It Is possible. These are very slow growers 1 pseudobulb x year.

This is a very unique color form of this species, now known as Cattleya tigrina (syn. Cattleya leopoldii). The variety is called 'Centro des Esmeralda' after the first plant that was found. Since then the selfings have bloomed true to color, such as this one.

The correct color designation is albescent, lacking the red anthocyanins in all the floral parts except the tan freckles on the sepals and petals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back