Cattleya/Laelia purpurata var. striata 'Angela Baxter IM'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have given the first Laelia purpuata, that I have ever flowered, it's clonal name, in the memory of our late ST-friend, 'abax', Angela Baxter. I hope Angela would have found the dorsal sufficiently upright!
20230414_093822.jpg
NS: 15 cm.20230414_093509.jpgPlant and flowers in toto:20230414_093517.jpg
Late afternoon light:20230413_165116.jpg
20230413_165103.jpg
The cross is: 'Canto Grande' x 'Dr. Haettinger 2'

Last edited:
Jens, on the one hand I must congrat you to flower your first C. purpurata which is such a beauty but on the other hand you made me sad with your post and the information of Angela passed away. So far I didn't know this and I'm really shocked to hear this. I think we will remember of Angela over and over when we see your plant flowering annual.

Last edited:
I didn't know this and I#m a bit shocked to hear this
I ddn't know either....
I myself came very late to the news, due to my absence first part of this year. I was, like you, Rudolf, shocked and very saddened. It seemed that every one, but I knew - otherwise I would of course have informed you. I'm sorry you had to learn of it in this way!
Tom Kalina shared the information in this thread, that turned into a memorial thread for Angela: https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/angela-baxter.54831/

Last edited:
I have given the first Laelia purpuata, that I have ever flowered, it's clonal name, in the memory of our late ST-friend, 'abax', Angela Baxter. I hope Angela would have found the dorsal sufficiently upright!
View attachment 39695
NS: 13 cm.View attachment 39697Plant and flowers in toto:View attachment 39696
Late afternoon light:View attachment 39698
View attachment 39699
The cross is: 'Canto Grande' x 'Dr. Haettinger 2'
That’s awesome, sweet and the perfect flower for her namesake.

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of a friend! It is obvious to me that she is holding that dorsal up straight!
The whole thing brings a painful tear to my eye yet I know she is smiling today! Of that you can be sure!!
My condolences!!!

You know they do, heaven is a return to perfection!! Can you even imagine the orchids she gets to see there?? No bugs.. no genetic flaws.. nothing but perfection. Oh happy day!!
And the millions of orchid we fumblers sent to heaven!!! How glorious the beauty that graces Angela's new sky home ( :) ).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back