Cattleya labiata var. Cara Blanco 'Mona Lisa'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😛 😛 😛

"Secured"...hmmm, sounds like a rather costly affair or the outcome of piracy. I wonder who were sailing under Jolly Roger? You or the japanese? 🏴‍☠️
Hehe, secured means the following non-piracy delicate steps:

1. Review online catalog of divisions
2. Reserve plant months ahead
3. Apply for import documents, CITES, phytosanitary papers
3. Travel to Japan on 13 hour flight
4. Enter Tokyo Dome show with judging credentials
5. Find booth in a maze of thousands of orchids
6. Chat, wheel and deal with Wakayama
7. Prep divisions for transport (remove all media and critters)
8. Send fax to Canada for documentation review and get approval stamp
9. Hand carry plants on board after passing phyto check at airport
10. Pass plant inspection at Canadian border (if not passed, plants confiscated and destroyed!).

These 10 steps allow me to 'secure' the plants I choose 4 months before trip, as some of the documentation takes that long to obtain, and can be costly.

All to feed my obsession!

There is NO room for error for expensive and rare species plants.

They are not like a hybrid that can be replaced in an instant.

Lovely flower...and not too floofy. The soft colors are sooo appealing. This one is worth the trouble and expense. The
dorsal is quite upright as well. Seems most of the new hybrids have wonky dorsals.

Lovely flower...and not too floofy. The soft colors are sooo appealing. This one is worth the trouble and expense. The
dorsal is quite upright as well. Seems most of the new hybrids have wonky dorsals.
I agree that the pastel colors are so calming and harmonious.

If you think about it, an erect dorsal commands more attention than a floppy or droopy one. Makes a statement especially when a few flowers gather in a row.

And yes, totally worth the trouble to 'secure' lol.

Latest posts

Back