Cattleya labiata fm (or var) purpureo-striata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you and nyeric are neighbors?? He also grows orchids in an apt. Setup Kind of like yours....urban rainforest in office, living room, kitchen etc..

Let’s see your stove tops.

Maybe you and nyeric are neighbors?? He also grows orchids in an apt.

No one beats Eric (NYEric) - he is the only one so far, who has shown his stove in the kitchen filled with plants!

But I think there might be possibilities for starting a transatlantic branch (pun not intended) of OA (Orchioholics Anonymous)! :D

Leslie, very inspiring pics....I'm in dire need to get better light for the plants placed recessed from my window! (and as I am in such matters not the most practical guy in the world, I will study your pics better for getting ideas for that!)

Last edited:
Jens, I have been looking at the Dresden show for 2 years now. I may just pop by!!!
I was looking at the Ibis Hotel, Holiday Inn or Wyndham... are any of these close to the show venues? I have no idea. Looking at dates April 2-6th... I don't suppose I could visit Popow nursery (not sure how far from Dresden)...

So it’s been 10 months from last blooming, my labiata etc etc (long fm and varietal designations) aka The Three Amigos, has decided to bloom the first of all my land of cattleyas this season. Luckily it produced 3 flowers so the cultivar name stays another year.

Still in single sheath this bloom.... but the second new growth that matured earlier last month failed to launch buds (dried up) 😞

I present her to all the world now: NS 15.5 cm (growth will be larger as its only day2-3 of waking up):

4308E4F8-B8DA-4BDC-9D4A-B3E1A3BB9E7F.jpeg752F9880-AF46-41A8-B382-C4BCFB29457F.jpegB39EBCDB-F41A-4984-8655-949B8BF720E7.jpeg22DD2488-ED1D-468A-BA8F-7A10A6F2F879.jpeg17759C6D-275E-4FEA-94EA-A90F0831FACA.jpeg6DCCDDA2-98B4-4F10-B648-B8CC1DE1696B.jpeg
Culture: T5 lights x 4 bulbs 12 inch below, warm all summer and more if new growth, reduce lights to 12-14 hrs in winter hours in fall, feed regular when growing and flowering, reduce in winter to allow longer dryness while resting. When growths starts in late spring, increase water and feed.

That one is absolutely beautiful. It gets an award in my books.

Really nice posts and pics of those growing areas shown a year or so ago. The high-rise apartments view of the outside is fantastic too!

Last edited:
Leslie, your 'Three Tres Amigos' (think, all in Spanish would be better than a mix of English and Spanish, or not?) are real eye catchers. Love these flowers.
As to your question from January this year....the distance by car between the Dresden Show and the nursery of Mr. Popow is more or less 300 km. Should be a stone's throw for you Canadians. Lol

Latest posts

Back