Cattleya labiata fm (or var) purpureo-striata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you people live like that?
"necessity is the father of invention", I suppose.

hahahaha ...... I think I agree! ...... it is due to necessity. Sheer necessity. Humans are clever. Very clever.
I guess that cats and dogs etc could have been too ------ but unfortunately they didn't get the benefit of helping 'hands'.

The plant was seriously analyzed during judging and almost was scored for an award but was passed reluctantly due to twisting in the middle flower dorsal sepal (which to me isn’t that bad ... it is a species after all and not a flat and round hybrid). This is the best labiata to have been presented in this region and yet failed to be acknowledged . Oh well, next time.

Here are pics from that day at judging. Spectacular even with the ‘twist’.

View attachment 17560 View attachment 17561 View attachment 17562
This the the best flowering it has done since the five years I’ve had the plant. Flowers are bigger and fuller then before, about 16 cm natural spread. And the presentation is the most ideal this time. Way to brighten up the cold Toronto weather!

View attachment 17384 View attachment 17385 View attachment 17386 View attachment 17387 View attachment 17388
Exeptional!!!!🏆🏆🏆

Leslie, your 'Three Tres Amigos' (think, all in Spanish would be better than a mix of English and Spanish, or not?) are real eye catchers. Love these flowers.
As to your question from January this year....the distance by car between the Dresden Show and the nursery of Mr. Popow is more or less 300 km. Should be a stone's throw for you Canadians. Lol
I named it in Spanglish actually because it helps the world understand the meaning better lol.

Three hundred kilometres in Europe is equivalent to 800 km here lol. We are all flat lands and straight roads!

Back