Cattleya labiata coerulea ‘Blue Bells’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Lovely one, Leslie ! 👌 Large flowers, good colours and a good shape...that's all you need.

Reaction score
Leslie, I also have a plant that I got from Orchids Limited as ('Natural World' x self) but I can tell by the tag they did not do the cross, so maybe got a flask or some plants from the same source you did. My flower is very similar to yours. The growths are short with thick pseudobulbs. There has always been a thick double sheath that I need cut the top 1/3 of off early to allow the inflorescence to get out. I have bloomed it five times but only once in the fall (twice summer, twice winter) but that must be cultural on my part.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Reaction score
Leslie, I also have a plant that I got from Orchids Limited as ('Natural World' x self) but I can tell by the tag they did not do the cross, so maybe got a flask or some plants from the same source you did. My flower is very similar to yours. The growths are short with thick pseudobulbs. There has always been a thick double sheath that I need cut the top 1/3 of off early to allow the inflorescence to get out. I have bloomed it five times but only once in the fall (twice summer, twice winter) but that must be cultural on my part.
I would love to see a photo of your flower? Just to see the range. I will post 'Blue Balls' pic up when I find it.

Latest posts