Cattleya labiata coerulea ‘Blue Bells’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leslie, I also have a plant that I got from Orchids Limited as ('Natural World' x self) but I can tell by the tag they did not do the cross, so maybe got a flask or some plants from the same source you did. My flower is very similar to yours. The growths are short with thick pseudobulbs. There has always been a thick double sheath that I need cut the top 1/3 of off early to allow the inflorescence to get out. I have bloomed it five times but only once in the fall (twice summer, twice winter) but that must be cultural on my part.

Leslie, I also have a plant that I got from Orchids Limited as ('Natural World' x self) but I can tell by the tag they did not do the cross, so maybe got a flask or some plants from the same source you did. My flower is very similar to yours. The growths are short with thick pseudobulbs. There has always been a thick double sheath that I need cut the top 1/3 of off early to allow the inflorescence to get out. I have bloomed it five times but only once in the fall (twice summer, twice winter) but that must be cultural on my part.
I would love to see a photo of your flower? Just to see the range. I will post 'Blue Balls' pic up when I find it.

Here is a picture that I think was from the June 2020 blooming. I think the lighting conditions washed out the color a bit, but it wasn't a deep coerulea.
View attachment 30870
Nice form and color, very similar to mine.

It is not typical for labiata to bloom in summer. Yours is an oddity.🤫

Latest posts

Back