Cattleya kerrii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmella.carey

Reaction score
Last November Francisco Miranda came to our OS and gave his Brazilian cattleyas/laelias talk and he talked about C.kerrii I had never heard about this species before and I liked the blooms he had some seedlings for sale so I got some I can't find much info on this species and don't know anyone who has it dose any one here have C.kerrii and if so how do you care for it?
Patrick

Last November Francisco Miranda came to our OS and gave his Brazilian cattleyas/laelias talk and he talked about C.kerrii I had never heard about this species before and I liked the blooms he had some seedlings for sale so I got some I can't find much info on this species and don't know anyone who has it dose any one here have C.kerrii and if so how do you care for it?
Patrick
Ciao Patrick, I have not this small compact Cat. In my collection but had the chance to see It when I had been visiting the south part of Brasil
close to Iguazu waterfalls. I found an orchid nursery down there "Tribo Orquideas" that had lot of them blooming (on february) so in our emisphere It should Bloom in the summer, it's a coastal warm growing Cat, It needs great humidity and lot of water. It sounds similar to Cat. Violacea.
Good luck with yours!

Thanks so much
Ciao Patrick, I have not this small compact Cat. In my collection but had the chance to see It when I had been visiting the south part of Brasil
close to Iguazu waterfalls. I found an orchid nursery down there "Tribo Orquideas" that had lot of them blooming (on february) so in our emisphere It should Bloom in the summer, it's a coastal warm growing Cat, It needs great humidity and lot of water. It sounds similar to Cat. Violacea.
Good luck with yours!
Thank you so much😁
Patrick

Back