Cattleya jenmanii var tipo "Koenigin" AM/AOS x self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokerpass

Reaction score
This is a monofoliate Cattleya species that blooms every year in late fall, early winter, close to Christmas. It is fragrant. This is an easy Cattleya species to grow and bloom with standard Catteya culture, nothing special. This plant needs to be repotted in the spring.

1608407598082.png1608407605210.png1608407610807.png

I love the flower to leaf ratio. This can be a hard to find species. I’ve been keeping my eye out, let me know if anyone knows of a good source for mature plant or clean division. I had to toss my last one as it tested positive for virus.

Very nice. You could try the Chadwick’s for divisions this species.
David
Thanks David. I actually just found a semi Alba decent sized seedling on eBay. I’ve tried chadwicks in the past for divisions and my requests have no responses. However, I was recently notified of the shipment for the Cattleya book! Unfortunately, here in the states all the packages in transit are severely delayed.

I love the flower to leaf ratio. This can be a hard to find species. I’ve been keeping my eye out, let me know if anyone knows of a good source for mature plant or clean division. I had to toss my last one as it tested positive for virus.
There are many taller jenmanii plants too and not all are short statured from the Koenigin line. My semialbas can get to the height of a tall labiata.

Nice blooms Michael. Good to see you are back with more cattleyas in your collection.

Francisco Miranda just released a division list, which includes Cattleya jenmanii orlata ‘Valley Isle’. He spoke at our society several years ago, but I have not ordered from him since. Not sure of other's experiences or interest, but his lists are always interesting.

Last edited:
Thanks much! I completely forgot about that division list. I am on his email list.. I need to take a closer look .... actually orchidweb had a well sized semi Alba cross for a very reasonable price. This plant is worth the extra spots on the bench, they bloom so well.

Last edited:
Great! Between these cattleya post and Fransico's list, it has been hard to not order cattleyas. However, I have several spotted catts to bloom. Plus, I have taken an interest in Lycaste so space is a limiting factor.

I will be watching the forum to see what you order and bloom :)

Great! Between these cattleya post and Fransico's list, it has been hard to not order cattleyas. However, I have several spotted catts to bloom. Plus, I have taken an interest in Lycaste so space is a limiting factor.

I will be watching the forum to see what you order and bloom :)
Yep, all the orders I have in right now are for delayed shipping until Fedex / UPS can once again guarantee on-time delivery. Shipping is such a mess right now and not worth the risk. So might be a while until I can start growing. Oh.. Lycaste .. yes, these will eat your space really quickly!

Beautiful blooms on a smallish plant! Good job.
I ordered a Jenmani from
Plantio La Orquidea in Sarasota, Fla. It is a seedling but has been a vigorous grower.
Canaima’s Fujioka HCC/AOS x Robert Clausen AM/AOS
What about a dormancy period for Jenmani? When? How long?

They are dormant after they flower. They don't do anything until new growth appears in the spring time (April, May).

Back