Cattleya jenmanii semi alba ('Canaima's Lipstick' HCC/AOS x 'Kathleen' AM/AOS)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteM

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchased from Orchidweb 01.21, this is a first bloom seedling. Started to open up earlier this week and the petals / sepals have been flexing back and forth for the last few days.. seems like it’s just now finding its form. 3 flowers on the first try.. not bad.

I’m not going to move it, plan to repot after blooming when new roots emerge. Hmmm.. just looked it up and it’s in the root before blooming group. Might have to wait a while.

https://staugorchidsociety.org/PDF/CattleyaBloomingandRootingbyBloomingSeasonRogerson.pdf
FFF31D37-C3B8-4AA1-8B78-A4EB537A603E.jpeg

Oh just beautiful and one of the latest Venezuelan catts discovered only in 1906 has not been line breeding as long as other spices but still with good form and purple highlights not only the petals but the dorsal sepal. Do the lateral sepals have it to? I can't see in the picture.
Patrick

Oh just beautiful and one of the latest Venezuelan catts discovered only in 1906 has not been line breeding as long as other spices but still with good form and purple highlights not only the petals but the dorsal sepal. Do the lateral sepals have it to? I can't see in the picture.
Patrick
I think the picture is misleading, you might be seeing the petals from the other two flowers.. makes it look like a stripe on the lateral sepals. Only the petals have this 'pinceladas'.

I think the picture is misleading, you might be seeing the petals from the other two flowers.. makes it look like a stripe on the lateral sepals. Only the petals have this 'pinceladas'.
I just wanted to know if the sepals had the purple highlights to.
Patrick

Nice first bloom.

Still with a few undesirable traits that may correct next couple times like dorsal sepal twist and lateral sepal decurving.

CL is a great flower and parent so lots of potential.

The pincelada tips on petals seem to occur frequently in the semialba lines. A few cultivars have these markings on the sepals too.

Very pretty, i've heard jenmanii also has a fragrance to make your mouth water...any comment on that?
Hello William, it's Patrick from your channel commenting under my email @carmella carey
Please check out some of my plants that I now can show you unlike on the YouTube comment section
I hope you like them, Patrick

Nice first bloom.

Still with a few undesirable traits that may correct next couple times like dorsal sepal twist and lateral sepal decurving.

CL is a great flower and parent so lots of potential.

The pincelada tips on petals seem to occur frequently in the semialba lines. A few cultivars have these markings on the sepals too.

Thanks Dr. L. I agree. I really need to repot it for my conditions. I have been holding back on water this winter to avoid stressing the roots and don't think its happy. I hope it improves,

Lovely flowers without any doubt. I like especially the contrast between the intensly coloured lip an the cream white rest of the flower. 👌
I have a young plant of Cattleya jenmanii semi alba from another source....but I will be pleased if it will flower one day (I overdo slightly) half as nice as yours.

Latest posts

Back