Cattleya jenmanii fm. coerulea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blooming for the 2nd time in 6 months, jenmaniis are very floriferous, making two flowering growths a year if happy.

This one produced larger flowers in the fall, with the cool nights elongating the floral parts and allowing more blue pigments to colasce.

Huge at NS = 17 cm!!

B7DF1772-12A8-46D5-A0F1-20DEA034323C.jpeg 758E8C3C-2BA8-4123-B1E3-718811D1B584.jpeg

Leslie, I like both of them. Lovely ones.

Did something special occure to switch from Cattleyas to Slippers or did it happen step by step because you grew older and wiser ?
No wisdom was involved lol. More to do with exposure hehe.

The switch was insidious due to myself meeting Alexej, Hanajima, Dave Sorokowsky and Sam Tsui in my judging travels. The brainwash was inevitable.

And then to top it off, Hung Sheng appeared in my life lol.

The switch was insidious due to myself meeting Alexej, Hanajima, Dave Sorokowsky and Sam Tsui in my judging travels. The brainwash was inevitable.

Leslie, EXPOSURE! That certainly explains how one gets sucked in to this hobby/habit black hole. Eehaa..what a ride.

Yes it is fragrant. Sorry about the late reply lol.

Just wanted to post another coerulea I have from John M. Did not get award today either 🥲. Maybe when it gets larger.

Presenting Cattleya jenmanii coerulea ‘Charlie’:

View attachment 33414
This one is absolutely stunning, breathtaking, fantastic and beautiful I absolutely love the colour 'Charlie' must be my favorite variety of this species and will now be hunting for it.😁
Thanks for sharing Leslie,
Patrick

Sam grows amazing Cattleya as well!

Latest posts

Back