Cattleya intermedia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
No clone, just the simple species. Still nice enough I think!

Cattleyaintermedia4copy.jpg

Todd, I really like the pink veining on the petals and sepals! Do you think, this is the very normal species?
Mine is just showing the first flowersparts out of the sheath; it used to have almost white petals and sepals with a dark purple lip. Jean

cattleyaintermedia45497eo2.jpg

Jean, there are quite a few different varieties of intermedia available. Yours may be a different variety.

Jean, there are quite a few different varieties of intermedia available. Yours may be a different variety.

thanks for the clarification, Candace! Unfortunately, I only have one plant of intermedia 'normal form' (since 1995); so this was my image of intermedia until now; the really nice coloration of the shown flower was new to me for the 'normal form'.
But this is why we participate here, I think, looking and hoping for everything new, unknown!

I hope to be able to post pict. of my 'normal form', as well as of my aquinii, coerulea, and maybe, for a first blooming, orlata in the coming months. My last acquisition is aquinii coerulea, but there I am really waiting to see the flower!!
Jean

jean,

Did you cut that sheath open? Do you do that with all the Catts?

Michael

jean,

Did you cut that sheath open? Do you do that with all the Catts?

Michael

Yes, I did! perhaps, because I am eager to see what shows up! I do not do it with all my catts, laelias; only when I feel the buds have problems to get out of there, when they want to get fresh air as soon as possible, not to rot inside!! Jean

Back