Cattleya intermedia (Flamea x Dwarf)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm very excited as I bloom my first non-Guarianthe Cattleya, which I acquired from Sam Tsui last year during one of his rather rare visits to Europe these days.
Friday was the first day, that it had finally opened: 20220611_201534.jpg
This is how it looks today in different light:
20220612_172959.jpg
NS: 9 cm; H: 10,5.
20220612_173011.jpg
Plant and flower in toto:
20220612_173104.jpg
I see only a slight, very discreet influence from the Flamea parent - and assume that the Dwarf name of the other parent refers to its vegetative characteristics. At least to my untrained eyes the flower is rather large relative to the leavage.
The colouring of the flower in the in-toto photo is, by the way, closest to what it looks like, when perceived by the naked eye.

Last edited:
very nice intermedia.As i know, flamea type is dominant, flamea parent propaply was heterozygous, your plant got the normal gene.
This sounds like a fair explanation, Istvan.
As a good parent would, I love the li'll b..... - and find joy in its other features!
Even though it is a far cry from Sam's photo (a flower that probably got the most out of the heterozygousness, when it came to the flamea part): CAS0033 C. intermedia__93062.1587584081.jpg

........The colouring of the flower in the in-toto photo is, by the way, closest to what it looks like, when perceived by the naked eye.
....and the colouring will vary by the fact if the flower is lighted by front- or backlight.
It's a lovely and big flower (compared by the size of the bulbs and the leafage).....but more or less a common/typical C. intermedia.....but even those are pretty. 👍

your intermedia is beautiful. I find intermedia very rewarding, they are not only elegant but quite reliable and I see yours scored high marks on the dorsal meter.

Latest posts

Back