Cattleya Interglossa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenman

Reaction score
These bifoliate catt hybrids sometimes don't have what I'd consider the best flowers, and those flowers often aren't terribly large, but the plants can be. So why do I, and so many others, grow them? What they DO have, when bloomed well, is PRESENCE. The overall effect can be stunning, as in this Cattleya Interglossa, a cross of C.intermedia and C.amethystoglossa. An old time grower once told me they used to refer to these as 'cabbage, due to the large 'heads' of 3" flowers this type gets, in this case about 9" across. The heavenly sweet soap fragrance fills the area and it is a show-stopper with these bunches of flowers held high. Plant w/o inflorescence is 22" tall, the infl. adds another 9" or so. Side, top, and full plant pics.

interglossaspray0819.jpg interglossaabove0819.jpg interglossaplant0819.jpg

I've only come to appreciate cattleyas recently and a bit hessitantly - but who would be able to resist the beauty of your cross and your very nice flowering of it?!

Just a pity that photos can't (yet) convey the scent!

Kind regards, Jens

I love bifoliates and this beauty sure takes my eye! A lot of folks don't care for the bifoliates as they say hard to grow but I've found them rather easy. They are more than worth growing!

Back