Cattleya Heathii (loddigesii x walkeriana)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

tomp

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
This big fat pink thing is one of my favorite primary hybrids consistently blooming twice a year. Flowers are huge, long lasting, fragrant and exhibit the best characteristics of both parents.The true pink color is even more saturated than these photos show due to back lighting. Everyone should have at least one.CF2E2CA3-8FBA-4179-8F1B-F4F6278745D7.jpegA254B9E9-FF0C-47DB-83B9-A05CCEF22FA3.jpeg

terryros

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I also like this primary hybrid. How long have you had it and do you know the parents used in breeding?

tomkalina

Vendor
Reaction score
I would find room for this in my greenhouse; which says a lot coming from a Paph/Phrag addict with limited greenhouse space.

tomp

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I also like this primary hybrid. How long have you had it and do you know the parents used in breeding?
Terry,
I acquired this plant in March 2010 and per the tag the parents are:
loddigesii ‘Shorty’ x walkeriana ‘The Chairman’

terryros

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Terry,
I acquired this plant in March 2010 and per the tag the parents are:
loddigesii ‘Shorty’ x walkeriana ‘The Chairman’
Same exact parents as mine, purchased from Orchids Limited, so no wonder they look similar.

tomp

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Same exact parents as mine, purchased from Orchids Limited, so no wonder they look similar.
Acquired mine from Cal Orchid. I read your previous comments on parentage with interest. A belated thank you for that research post.

Latest posts