Cattleya Hardyana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Hardyana!! My all-time favourite, and still haven't one! Hardyana's lips are perfection to me; the rest, well, Mauro Rosim shows a few excellent shaped ones in his marvellous photographs, and there are small and big ones, but always the lip stands out. Wavy, frilled, velvety, deep crimson, a light picotee, the veins, ah-the veins: pure gold! ... and there should be scent!

Thanks for sharing!

Another one with naming confusion.

I think that Cattleya x hardyana is now considered to be the natural hybrid of dowiana var. aurea X warscewiczii while

The human made hybrid of this same cross is Semontiana (registered 1902 by Doin).

I have a near-blooming size seedling of Semontiana made by Orchids Limited. Do you know if the x hardyana you are showing is known to be a naturally found hybrid clone or is it also human made?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Terry, this one came from Floralia in Brasil, so I'd bet its the man-made variety (Semontiana?). Do not know more details than that.
B

Latest posts

Back