Cattleya gigas Hector

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised by the configuration. The petals are wider and more closed than most of the awarded warscewiczii I can look at on Orchids Pro. I can believe the lip has some warscewiczii characteristics. I don’t see that ’Hector’ was AOS awarded but maybe it is an older cultivar RHS awarded? Do you know the background of this plant?

I am surprised by the configuration. The petals are wider and more closed than most of the awarded warscewiczii I can look at on Orchids Pro. I can believe the lip has some warscewiczii characteristics. I don’t see that ’Hector’ was AOS awarded but maybe it is an older cultivar RHS awarded? Do you know the background of this plant?
Thank you. I don t no about award for this clone, I only know that it is an AWZ selection clone.

Now you can see the nice normal tipo lavender coloration of the warscewiczii, slightly darker at the tips.

Based on AOS and OrchidWiz, this cultivar has no awards yet. These days you need at least thee 17 cm+ flowers per inflorescence to be considered.

That’s pretty big… in my experience one flower usually is 2-3 cm bigger than when there’s 3. Do you find that too?

Maybe next year when stronger can get more flowers?
Honestly this is the first time when this species blooms at me so i have no experience with relation between size and number of flowers. I hope i will have next time.😁☝️

Latest posts

Back