Cattleya f.k.a. walkeriana fma. alba 'Pendentive' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I think so. And I'm pretty sure I read Orchidglade was collected from the wild. Which makes Pendentive pretty much a natural plant as well.
There has been some work done but nothing concrete yet. Selfings of Pendentive don't seem to show much variation. I wonder if Orchidglade was a loddigessii x walkeriana x walkeriana?
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ved_Cattleya_walkeriana_Gardner_famous_clones
I’ve read that paper and others. I’d like to find a piece of Orchidglade. I have a piece of Pendentive and a couple mericlones of it. I made a cross with it the last time it bloomed and the pod is a couple months away from sending it to the lab.
994E1959-E99D-4A07-8ACD-74CF7C18B001.jpeg C259A475-F8CD-46F3-A2C2-A3A9CECFECC4.jpeg D8CD6AD7-C362-4798-883D-9DA84DF282BA.jpeg

This is one of my favorites, regardless of its genetic disposition. Mike, that is a lovely cross. Do you find it more robust than pure forms?
No pretty much the same. The annoying thing about them is the way they walk out of the pot so quickly. The best way is probably a large vertically hung log and mount them right at the bottom.
Other than that, walkeriana is such a great plant.

No pretty much the same. The annoying thing about them is the way they walk out of the pot so quickly. The best way is probably a large vertically hung log and mount them right at the bottom.
Other than that, walkeriana is such a great plant.
That’s so true. I’ve seen pics of walkeriana GH’s in Brazil on logs and they climb up, blooming like no tomorrow. But then I’ve also seen pics on pan clay pots doing well.

Nice outcomes as a parent. Wonder what would happened if bred onto another white with pink margins (picotee) and semi albas.

Back