Cattleya eldorado

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks my friends.I have 3 types of this sp: this one( typo), albescens and Mito.Mito is a strange plant to me, huge plant, as a labiata, although eldorado is the smallest labiata type cattleya.I think Mito could be tetraploid clone...

M. Ito is the rubra flamea cultivar that was cloned many years ago. Most plants are eldorado size but a few like yours could’ve received polyploid status during the mericloning process.

Oh, my! That's one m.....f..... of an eldorado! Does the size difference reflect in the flowers too?
Oh, yes....the sheet of M Ito is the same size as the whole size of tipo plant.Flowers are a little darker, but only one and half size in comparison of tipo flowers.

Very nice deep colour for a C. eldorado. Shape is not bad, either. In Canada these plants are seldom seen.

I love eldorados.

It’s true there are rarely any eldorados here. I have the only one awarded in Canada.

Cattleya wallisii (syn: eldorado) semialba flamea ‘Golden Trumpet’ AM/AOS

Last edited:
Unfortunately I axed mine earlier this year. It was my first time with this species and a new purchase of a small unestablished division from orchid trail, and I probably overwatered it as the plant rotted out fast. Sad indeed. I’ve found another source but small seedlings established in a 2 inch pot. Is there any specific advice you guys can please provide for successful culture? Thanks!

"The Trumpet shall sound, and the Death shall be raised, be raised incorruptible"!

A flamea eldorado...so glorious, that, yet again, my love-hate-relationship with you, Leslie, is triggered. Geeeh, I so much wish there was a psychologist present! 😁 😁 😁

Latest posts

Back