Cattleya eldorado semialba flame ‘Golden Trumpet’ AM/AOS (syn: wallisii)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leslie, precious by its price or because you like it the most ? But I won't be too curious. Anyway, one must like these lovely flowers and one must stand in aw what nature is able to create. 👌
Precious as in I love it the most.

It is by far not my most expensive plant but the most beautiful to me. 👦🏻

Wondering how you grow it. Have seen it in the wild and can say it was oppressively hot and humid in the day and was just uncomfortable and sweaty at night. Is your apartment like Manaus or is this more tolerant of lower temps than my experience in habitat?

Wondering how you grow it. Have seen it in the wild and can say it was oppressively hot and humid in the day and was just uncomfortable and sweaty at night. Is your apartment like Manaus or is this more tolerant of lower temps than my experience in habitat?
My apartment is hot in summer 25-32C, and warm in its section in winter (no lower than 18-20C). I water constantly every 3-4 days. Never really dry.

Leslie, with only a single eldorado/wallisii alba selfing to my name, I only know this species flower by what I see online. The shape of your flower seems ideal, but the color combination of semi-alba with flamea and strong yellow in the labellum looks pretty unique to me. How unusual is the coloration in your much broader experience?

Leslie, with only a single eldorado/wallisii alba selfing to my name, I only know this species flower by what I see online. The shape of your flower seems ideal, but the color combination of semi-alba with flamea and strong yellow in the labellum looks pretty unique to me. How unusual is the coloration in your much broader experience?
This flower has the best representation in the color saturation in this category. There will be others that are lighter in coloration or have smaller flares.

Oh God, I think we would have to soak that root system for 24 hours and go through a bottle of wine while attempting to gently get that root system back into a pot, but 2 new growths , and flowering. Well done. Very rich depth of color.

Last edited:
Oh God, I think we would have to soak that root system for 24 hours and go through a bottle of wine while attempting to gently get that root system back into a pot, but 2 new growths , and flowering. Well done. Very rich depth of color.
Hehe I think I’ll divided the plant into 3. That way I’ll have a couple backups.

Latest posts

Back