Cattleya dormaniana semialba ‘Pink Eye’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one is very nice, very rare!Where is it from?
I got from a Brazil grower. Bought 10 of these seedlings. Four are here while 5 remain with my friend/grower in Brazil. One was given as gift.

Here is another that bloomed earlier I named ‘Green Day’:

561F7E86-8720-4B49-902E-D8E48B32EDD1.jpeg

Another bloomed as gift to my sweet friend Heloisa at Orquidário Americana:

46417CD2-145E-4355-89BC-D6B6D62765CA.jpeg

Last edited:
This brings me back memories as I had It in the past. Unfortunately I have lost It and blame myself for little care.
However I'm happy for you to have this very special plant! Congrats!!!

I got from a Brazil grower. Bought 10 of these seedlings. Four are here while 5 remain with my friend/grower in Brazil. One was given as gift.

Here is another that bloomed earlier I named ‘Green Day’:

View attachment 33379

Anothet bloomed as gift to my sweet friend Heloisa at Orquidário Americana:

View attachment 33380
Stunning, congrats! Have you bloomed any locally yet? Must be tempting to fly down to Brazil to see it in the flesh :D

Stunning, congrats! Have you bloomed any locally yet? Must be tempting to fly down to Brazil to see it in the flesh :D
Definitely tempting. My ones here are just establishing so I expect bloom next year.

Saying that, I do plan to visit the habitat of Cattleya eldorado in the Amazon basin the month of November. Exciting!! I hope to visit all the eldorado nurseries in the region.

Last edited:
Willl you be growing them back with your others at home in Canada?
Yes my plan is two fold:

First I buy and grow the plants in Brazil, either with owner or my friend for months until ready to ship around November.

Second, I ship the front leads (3-5 bulbs) and keep the backups in Brazil for safety in case of failures in shipping, my growing or environmental disasters (eg electric failures).

Keeping these backups around saves me from worrying.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back