Cattleya bowringiana coerulea ‘Blue Smoke’ HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to love coerulea everything so needless to say that when an opportunity arose to get a division of this classic came up from a judge in my area, I snatched it up ;)

Third blooming for me. This time with ten flowers! Max height of PB 18 inch in my conditions. Flowers about 3.5-4 cm NS.

Culture: High light T5 (3000 fc), bark mix in SWC (sits in water with bottom layer of clay pellets), water liberally with slight drying in between. Love constant air movement. Warm all year.

6D56E689-56CB-4959-9E1A-A28A0E24D0E1.jpeg74B53E62-CBB1-4223-AC55-3004ACE2A92D.jpeg
Flowers just opened 2 days. Hopefully the lip expands a bit more. Sometimes low humidity will deter full floral expansion (my indoor heating averages 40% RH).

They are all now in SWC, dries out in between with the bark in middle, except during growing season for those species that are ‘active’, while the resting ones I let dry one or two extra days. If in active growth, they are pretty much wet.

I used to love coerulea everything so needless to say that when an opportunity arose to get a division of this classic came up from a judge in my area, I snatched it up ;)

Third blooming for me. This time with ten flowers! Max height of PB 18 inch in my conditions. Flowers about 3.5-4 cm NS.

Culture: High light T5 (3000 fc), bark mix in SWC (sits in water with bottom layer of clay pellets), water liberally with slight drying in between. Love constant air movement. Warm all year.

View attachment 22738View attachment 22739
Flowers just opened 2 days. Hopefully the lip expands a bit more. Sometimes low humidity will deter full floral expansion (my indoor heating averages 40% RH).
Ohh my goodness, I cannot believe I never knew about this cattleya!!! How magnificent!