Cattleya Bob Betts 'White Lightning'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angela, I’m doing that now with a B. digbyana. It’s starting to grow quite well after a few months. I did cover new roots on the surface with moss. I just water every 7 days. So far so good.
I’m not fond of the fact that when it outgrows it’s basket, you have to put the whole thing basket and all in a bigger basket. What happens when there are no more bigger baskets?
At that point it’s a Godzilla!!

Question for Pete, can you say about how much time passed between the growths completing and the buds appearing in the sheaths? I mean, is it a growth ->sheath->bloom situation, or a growth->sheath->rest->bloom situation?

Question for Pete, can you say about how much time passed between the growths completing and the buds appearing in the sheaths? I mean, is it a growth ->sheath->bloom situation, or a growth->sheath->rest->bloom situation?

Hi William, I don't track the dates in detail, but I do have a few Cattleyas that put out new growths and sheaths this spring at the same time, and I currently seem to be in the 'rest' period with few buds in the sheaths. I would say this plant is a 'growth ->sheath->bloom situation'. It seemed to waste no time. David might be able to provide a more accurate measure of time form growth, sheath to bloom from his clone.. his timeline tracking is world class.

Hi William, I don't track the dates in detail, but I do have a few Cattleyas that put out new growths and sheaths this spring at the same time, and I currently seem to be in the 'rest' period with few buds in the sheaths. I would say this plant is a 'growth ->sheath->bloom situation'. It seemed to waste no time. David might be able to provide a more accurate measure of time form growth, sheath to bloom from his clone.. his timeline tracking is world class.
Great information, thanks! Interesting there’s no rest, considering all the mossiae and trianaei in the background of this plant. Beautiful flowering though, congrats!

Latest posts

Back