Cattleya Bob Betts 'Lines' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEslipper

Reaction score
Blooming a little early this year, but again with two flowers (last year's blooming is HERE). The flowers look a little fuller to me this year, but the dorsal is somewhat wonky, oh well, can't win them all. Awarded in 1955, I believe it's from the original grex registered by Clint McDade in 1950. A reliable bloomer with pure white petals, golden throat, and a heavenly scent - it will always have a place on my windowsill! An original, virus-free division that I acquired from the late Plato Matthews.
IMG_0345 B.jpg
IMG_0340 B.jpg
IMG_0293 B.jpg
IMG_0296 B.jpg
At home on the south-facing windowsill
IMG_0439 B.jpg

Like clock work, this plant was once again in bud, however we've had an exceptionally cloudy and rainy summer. I was out of town traveling and apparently we had a sunny day, and I came home to some nicely fried cattleya buds. Needless to say, this years growth was the largest this plant had ever produced for me, so I was really excited to see what the flower quality was going to be like. Oh well, maybe next year....
20230924 Bob Betts Lines.jpg

Latest posts

Back