Cattleya amethystoglossa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this species!

It’s my mission and intention to collect all varieties of these (with exceptional flower forms):

Alba
Albescent
Coerulea
Semialba
Flamea
Lisa (pink no spots)
Aurea (orange)
Typo round 4n

I have secured most of these except the coerulea, semialba and Lisa. Good forms of those are quite hard to get.

The selected ones I have here are grown warm and bright in semi water culture (SWC). They seem to like it and established quite fast. Let’s hope the new growths bloom!

I love this species!

It’s my mission and intention to collect all varieties of these (with exceptional flower forms):

Alba
Albescent
Coerulea
Semialba
Flamea
Lisa (pink no spots)
Aurea (orange)
Typo round 4n

I have secured most of these except the coerulea, semialba and Lisa. Good forms of those are quite hard to get.

The selected ones I have here are grown warm and bright in semi water culture (SWC). They seem to like it and established quite fast. Let’s hope the new growths bloom!
I have flamea and lisa.I can t get alba and courulea, can t find them in europe.My lisa is in sheat now.🙂

I love this species!

Alba
Albescent
Coerulea
Semialba
Flamea
Lisa (pink no spots)
Aurea (orange)
Typo round 4n

OMG!! You will need a lot of species to house all these giant plants! :)
Would be such a sight to behold to have all those in bloom together, though!
I had Interglossa (a primary with intermedia), much smaller plant but with similar flowers just smaller head. :)

I love this species!

Alba
Albescent
Coerulea
Semialba
Flamea
Lisa (pink no spots)
Aurea (orange)
Typo round 4n

[/QUOT

You should post pictures of the ones you have.

Oh, Les...I can hardly put my pen to the paper, seething with envy as I am....I better hurry to thank you for the splendiferous presentation of these colour forms - personally, I'm maybe especially drawn to your aurea and alba flowers, but the sum of the whole...!
Ouch, I feel the snapping at my heels... I better hurry, before I'm entirely devoured and swalloped up by that green eyed monster! 😁

PS. Istvan, Leslie's pathetic attempt to upstage you doesn't detract one iota from the beauty of your typical flower! ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back