Catasetum & Cycnodes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
The first one is SVO8091 Ctsm.Melana Davison ‘Hoorah’ x Ctsm.Isobel’s Sunshine ‘SVO’.
I was hoping for bright yellow lip but this is still a nice surprise. 12 flowers on its first bloom is promising!
I might call it YST, yellow shark teeth😂
0352CB9C-A2A4-4C5E-98B2-140AB016E2D8.jpeg319A7F76-36F2-4679-BBAF-09E129DDAD41.jpeg
The next one is Cycnoches lehmannii x Mormodes Rogue Ruby.
The fragrance is similar to Cycnodes Wine Delight.
Cherry flavored cough syrup 😋
7EA4A3BC-308D-41CF-9B0E-F0CED8EB403D.jpeg

Both are very elegant flowers. 👌 I like Catasetums and I've been growing 3 for many years now. Wait few years and grow them well and you will need a much bigger pot for them than at the moment when the pot fits into a beer mug. My Catasetum fimbriatum which I've grown for around 35 years now produces 3 spikes with a amout of altogether circa 70 flowers at the moment. Will be a great challenge to take photos.

Both are very elegant flowers. 👌 I like Catasetums and I've been growing 3 for many years now. Wait few years and grow them well and you will need a much bigger pot for them than at the moment when the pot fits into a beer mug. My Catasetum fimbriatum which I've grown for around 35 years now produces 3 spikes with a amout of altogether circa 70 flowers at the moment. Will be a great challenge to take photos.
Older & larger specimens are indeed impressive with lots of flowers.
As much as I’d like to keep them big & showy, it just takes too much space and work for an indoor grower like me.
So I keep these on fairly small size by dividing every so often, or I give big ones away and buy newer hybrids.
In the US, SVO constantly provides many options 😁

Latest posts

Back